Protonix is in a group of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. It decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Protonix is in a group of drugs called proton pump inhibitors. It decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach. The medicine is used to treat erosive esophagitis, damage to the esophagus from stomach acid and other conditions involving excess stomach acid such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Protonix is not for immediate relief of heartburn symptoms.
Protonix tablets can be taken with or without food. Avoid crushing, chewing, or breaking the tablet. Take Protonix exactly as prescribed by your doctor. For preventing of stomach or duodenum ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux illness Protonix is 40 mg a day for 4 weeks. United treatment with antibiotics directed eradicate H. pylori in patients with ulcers in stomach and duodenum requires Protonix 40 mg a day divided in two doses: one tablet before breakfast and before supper.
Long-term treatment with Protonix may also make it harder for your body to absorb vitamin B-12, resulting in a deficiency of this vitamin. Symptoms of a vitamin B-12 deficiency may develop slowly and include pale skin, asthenia, tiredness, fast breath. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment, or you are breastfeeding.
Don't use it if you have allergic reaction or liver illness. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for additional information.
Possible side effect
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergy, giddy, insomnia or asthenia, fast heartbeat, convulsion or muscle pain.
Protonix should not be taken together with atazanavir or nelfinavir. Tell your doctor if you are taking either of these medications to treat HIV or AIDS.
Take the missed dose as soon as possible. Skip the missed dose if it is time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Overdose symptoms are unknown. Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine.
Store your medicines at room temperature between 15-30 C (59-86 F). Store away from moisture and light. Keep it out of the reach of children and away from pets.
The information presented at the site has a general character. Note please this information cannot be used for self-treatment and self diagnosis. You should consult with your doctor or health care adviser regarding any specific instructions of your condition. The information is reliable, but we concede it could contain mistakes. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other damage caused by use of this information on the site and also for consequences of self-treatment.
0.00£ (0 items)Go to Cart